In this article, I will discuss five 5 reasons you should trust your intuition. First, you need to remind yourself that it is perfectly OK to doubt your gut feeling. It is OK to hesitate before taking actions based on your sixth-sense.
You have been told online and offline to trust your intuition; that your gut is your mind-voice, steering your resolution at every phase of your life and maybe, you are not satisfied. You doubt your wits ability to be aware of your reservations and guide you to make the right choice.
Not to mention that anxiety is similar to your gut feeling.
From my experience, denying the whispers of your gut is the start of your downfall. Listening to your gut can save you. You can lose your peace of mind, your money, your reputation, your love and in worst scenarios, your life.
What is Intuition?
Your gut feeling or intuition is an on-the-spot reaction that may not have a reasonable justification.
Because fear and anxiety can easily be mistaken for intuition, it may take years before you realize that you are being driven by fear.
To spot the difference between fear and intuition you should:
Try doing things to still your mind
Get a clear focus
Stop emotions from taking over and sabotaging your future.
Why Should I Trust My Intuition?
- Your intelligence and past experiences fuel your intuition: According to Psychology Today, the more experienced you are in the domain you’re deciding on, the more accurately your intuition can offer you the most optimal decision. What you currently know and what you have experienced over the years are the primary source of your guts’ knowledge. Be assured that your gut could be kicking against because you have had an experience that ended on a sour note.
- Only you know what is best for you: Seeking direction or foresight from others is essential but believe that only you know what is best for you. You know where the shoe pinches; you know how you feel woozy when your headaches. Only you know what is best for you. Trust your gut.
- Your intuition is powerful: Your gut is your compass, it guides you. It connects the past with your spirit, soul and body. More powerful than any third party advice or consultation you can ever receive. Pay attention to how your nerves respond to different situations and learn to trust it.
- Trusting your intuition is the ultimate act of trusting yourself: Your gut or intuition is your survival coach. It is your compass; it should guide your decisions. Also because you cannot claim you believe in yourself without trusting your gut feeling. Learn to trust your intuition.
- Your intuition is connected with your nerve cells: The Nerve cells are responsible for relaying electrical messages to cells and tissues in other organ systems. Your intuition recognizes fear, excitement, eagerness, anguish etc
You can avert toxic relationships and influences if you listen to that voice in your head telling you to abort the mission. To do this successfully, you need to spot the difference between fear, anxiety and intuition,
Having a hunch? try to listen and trust your guts more, and watch it grow into a reliable confidante.