Yes, you can learn digital skills for free. From online and from the comfort of your home.
In this article, are top 5 sites you can learn from and be equally certified.
In March 2019, I completed the Google Skills for Africa fundamentals of digital marketing after a year. My joy knew no bounds when I scored 80% to clinch the certificate. Nonetheless, the fear for complacency made me enroll at the Google Ads Academy almost immediately.
WHY YOU SHOULD HAVE DIGITAL SKILLS IN 2019.
The internet blows my mind every day. There is so much to learn online and most times, I find myself drowning in these materials. I usually have three browsers open with nothing less than 10 tabs each. It’s been 3 years since I came in contact with digital marketing and have learnt a number of digital skills.
Remarkably, industrial advances will continue to provide new ways of working. So, digital skills afford you innovative techniques of working more efficiently. This also implies that employees and businesses who embraces those changes will produce incredible job results using innovative tools.
The wealth of information on the Internet is enough to make you super-employable which is required to benchmark how much you deserve to earn.
Back to my story…
I have since gotten my Digital marketing and Google Ads fundamentals certifications. Learnt Social Engine Marketing and Social Engine Optimization and much more. Presently, I am enrolled on the Google Analytics for beginner’s certification course and it keeps getting better.
Forgive me if I sound like a toddler who just discovered honey, lol. Acquiring skills that can boost your CV and land you your dream job is an incredible feeling.
For the same reason I created this blog I will be sharing top 5 credible sites you can take free courses, acquire certifications and grow your career.
TOP 5 FREE SITES TO LEARN DIGITAL SKILLS
- Google Digital Skills for Africa: I started with this toolkit, precisely the ‘The Fundamentals of Digital Marketing’. This contains 26 courses with contents covering introductory digital marketing, search engine marketing, search advertising etc. To improve your mobile site or be more visible on the web, this is your toolkit for digital success.
- The Google Digital Academy: The Google Digital Academy provides what you need to succeed in the fast-moving digital age. Transform your business, accelerate growth and improve efficiency with the program in this academy. (I basically read articles here, trust me they are insightful).
- Google Online Marketing Challenge : Powered by Google Ad Grants, the Online Marketing Challenge (OMC) is a unique opportunity for students to get real-world experience creating and executing online marketing campaigns for real non-profits using a $10,000 USD monthly budget. However, you need to pass the Academy for Google Ads Fundamentals Exam to apply.
- Social Media Quickstarter : Whether you are just getting started or you consider yourself a pro. Social Media Quickstarter will help you figure things out and grow your digital marketing skills on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc. It provides a step by step guidance to build your social media presence across the top social media networks. (I am currently undergoing this training and would love to do it together with you).
- PPC University : This is an online learning resource created by WordStream. This university teaches you how to manage your ads across Google Ads, Bing and Facebook, turns website visitors to conversions and digital marketing career.
IMPORTANT THINGS FOR NOTE:
These tool-kits are all for free and majority of them come with certification or award of completion.
If you have completed the Fundamental to Digital Marketing, I advise that you sign up on the Google Ads Academy.
On the other hand, to kick-start your journey into digital marketing or acquire digital skills, I recommend that you begin with the Fundamentals of Digital Marketing and check out Google Digital Skills for Africa.
All you need is an active Gmail account. Every other thing is free of charge. Not to mention that you get to learn at your pace.
Amazingly, it is 8 months until 2020; what are you still waiting for?